A Short History
On March 8, 1959, a group of 33 men, women, and young people came together to form First Baptist Church of Academy, Texas, under the leadership and direction of the Lord Jesus Christ. The church first met in a back room of the corner store/service station at the intersection of State Highway 95 and FM 436.
On November 15, 1959, through God's provisions, the church relocated to the current property of 304 N Hwy 95 to have their first worship service in their new building. The church continued in this building until the building burned on December 4, 1990. Though the building burned and hearts were saddened, God was beginning to bring new life into the church.
Through God's provisions and the help of countless volunteers, the church moved into a new building on the same property on November 3, 1991. In 1996, the church enlarged the seating capacity of the sanctuary and added more educational space to the existing church building.
The Mission (What has God called us to do?)
"To make disciples of Jesus Christ." Matthew 28:18-20, John 3:16, Acts 1:8
The Motive (Why do we do what we do?)
"For the glory of God" John 15:8, John 17:4, 1 Corinthians 10:31
The Vision (How will we fulfill the mission?)
"We will build disciple-making groups who will intentionally invest in the lives of people to equip them to be mature disciple-makers." Mark 3:13-19, 2 Timothy 2:1-2